tray icon volume control for GNU/Linux desktops.
I couldn't find a simple tray icon that allows to control multiple
applications easily from the task bar. So I wrote my own.
The program is written in Python using GTK+.
Bug reports and patches welcome!
It's not meant to be an replacement for a full-featured mixer
application. If you're looking for that check out the excellent
- Runs on virtually every desktop environment under GNU/Linux. (Needs to support the freedesktop system tray specs)
- Control main volumes as well as individual applications
- Shows applications icons and names
- Internally uses the PulseAudio library directly which turned out to work much better then DBUS
- Double-click opens
- Mouse-wheel support
- Clone this repository somewhere and cd into it.
- To install:
sudo ./setup.py install
- For the application icon to show up in the menu:
- Compile settings schema:
sudo glib-compile-schemas /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/
Available in AUR: volctl